OUTSIDE SALES CONSULTANT
WHO WE ARE
CASA Companies was born out of design and is comprised of Developments, Design, and Sales. The showroom is a collection of exclusive Italian brands that elevate room interiors to an unrivaled level of refined, European lifestyle. Curated collections featured at CASA include Giorgetti, Poltrona Frau, Viabizzuno, Listone Giordano, Agape, Salvatori, Tacchini, Buster + Punch, Rimadesio and others. These cover every detail, from advanced flooring to superior lighting, home accessories to kitchen cabinetry and modular closet systems. At CASA, experienced consultants guide a vast range of clientele, from homeowners and designers to architects and developers, in fashioning every property into its own embodiment of luxury, elegance and functional perfection.
CASA Houston is seeking Design/Sales Consultants who are confident, outgoing, entrepreneurial, passionate about design and energized by sales. The ideal candidate must have enthusiasm for helping customers, be highly self-motivated, passionate about design, be able to sell high ticket items, and take an entrepreneurial approach to managing their businesses. Preference is given to those with a background in interior design and architecture. However, any luxury sales experience is a plus.
The position goal will be to maximize company sales and profitability through the use of creative selling skills, teamwork, and customer service, in order to deliver a unique and luxury experience to every customer, every time. Success will start by building a meaningful and long-term relationship with their clients, while also using their comprehensive brand knowledge and design expertise to guide and advise those looking to furnish their home or simply add an accent piece.
This is a unique position in that it combines the best of inside sales with the most interesting parts of outside sales. Typical duties would consist of visiting project sites, meeting with designers at their firm locations, and working in a retail environment. Travel is limited but at least 40% of the duties will be outside of the showroom.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, problem solver, and highly motivated to achieve and exceed goals. Building a book of business will be second nature and calling on firms in the design industry will be an enjoyable aspect of the job. A typical retail sales associate, who relies entirely on walk-in traffic, would not be a good fit. Enjoying socializing and networking, while looking to build meaningful relationships with prospective clients is important. Construction or jobsite experience is an appreciated quality and any installation experience will go a long way. Technical abilities and understanding will increase the likelihood of success. This is a unique position in that it combines the best of inside sales with the most interesting parts of outside sales.
Typical duties would consist of visiting project sites, meeting with designers at their firm locations, and working in a retail environment. Travel is limited but at least 40% of the duties will be outside of the showroom.
• Be a proactive listener, able to interpret and address client needs, while simultaneously asking qualifying questions ensuring their decisions build long term relationships.
• Have an engaging and well-kept personal presence – someone who can present themselves in a suitable manner appropriate for a luxury environment, can quickly connect, build rapport, and close sales with both potential and return clients.
• Self-motivated to stay accountable to individual sales and showroom sales targets, while exceeding service goal expectations meeting the casa standard.
• Excellent time management and follow-up skills, including a strong sense of urgency.
• Keep clients well informed about orders status changes and updates on delivery, remaining attentive to customer needs.
• Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
• Communicate customer feedback to store management team concerning policies and/or product requests, problems, and suggestions.
• Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
• Maintain an awareness of all available resources for training and development, and actively participate in self-development and growth through company resources.
• Prior sales experience of 3-5 years working with clients in high-end, luxury retail – ideally in furniture and/or design. Knowledge of European furnishings and materials is a plus.
• Knowledge of developments and construction sites is preferred.
• Maintain flexibility with scheduling to meet the needs of the team, clients, and overall business. Being available for meetings or events during off hours or the freedom to work to work on Saturday is important.
• Base Salary plus commission
• Benefits, including health insurance, are available